Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mark Your Calendars

This will be your first reminder, and probably not the last. If you want to see Slartibartfast as you've never seen him before, make the drive out to Ashland City on Saturday, January 6th to see X-Alt play at the Truth, Beauty, and Goodness Coffeehouse.

X-Alt almost never plays a non-mission related gig anymore, so this will be your only chance to see us for a while. Unless you are in prison, or a nursing home, or your church has booked us for a service.

It is my understanding that we'll have the horn section for this show. This will be quite a treat!

I know every Christian band says this, but you have to take my word for it: our show is an incredible musical experience, whether you are a Christian or not. Half the set is Staxx Records - inspired soul. (My parents raised me on Sam & Dave and Otis Redding). The other half is standard Christian rock (with a little bluegrass and Zydeco thrown in).

And it might be a bold claim, but I'll stack up our harmonies against ANYBODY's in Nashville (hey, Sista - why don't you come see us and you can report back whether I'm exaggerating or not?)

The show starts at 8:00 PM.

For those of you who met me at the blogger meat-up, that reserved dude hiding behind his wife will be nowhere to be found; I get pretty wild once I get on stage. Well, for an overweight 42-year-old Methodist. Come and see for yourself!

If you miss this one, your next chance may be the festivals / fairs in the summer and fall.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]