Wednesday, December 27, 2006

If You See My Brain...

...can you please tell it to call me?

I haven't thought about "work things" in almost 2 weeks, and this blog hasn't gotten my attention for quite a few days. I guess I really put my heart and soul into doing Christmas.

Speaking of which, I've never seen so many perfect gifts for each member of the family since I was a child. The highlights:

I played it safe and got Lintilla chocolate, and a hefty gift card for Land's End. She had already gotten the Corelle wear she wanted, because she just couldn't wait.

Santa brought Trillian a metal detector, skate shoes (tennis shoes which have retractable wheels in them - she hasn't taken them off since she got them), and Nintendogs (more on that in a minute).

Zaphod is getting to that age where Santa gives him fewer gifts because his wish list is quite expensive. He got a digital camera, a NEW Nintendo DS (with a note asking him to give his old one to his sister), and another game.

Finally, I mostly got things for the kitchen. I've never understood why common knowledge say not to give anything to a woman that involves housework or cooking. I am the primary cook / house cleaner in our family, and I must tell you the kitchen gifts I got this year couldn't have been more perfect. I wasn't offended in the least. I've always wanted one of those "stick" mixers, and I finally got one! I also got a device called "The Kettle" which deep frys, steams, and slow cooks. That, combined with various and sundry kitchen gadgets and a few items of clothing, meant I got far more for Christmas than I deserved.

Back to the kids, I must say that Nintendogs may be one of the coolest things ever. The children won't even play with the REAL dog anymore!

All in all, we've had a wonderul time, both on our trip to Florida, and in celebrating Christmas. I hope y'all had as blessed of a time as we did.

Now, back to normal life!

Comments:
I'm with you on the kitchen gifts! I got a new Kitchen Aid mixer from Santa and I couldn't be happier!

...well, maybe if it were red I could...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]