Monday, December 11, 2006

I Think I Just Lived Through a Cliche

I'm going to be very careful about this, since I recently learned everything I ever wanted to know about libel law. But if this didn't really happen, you'd think Bill O'Rielly made it up.

As most of you know, I play in in a Christian band. We market ourselves as such. We take bookings with that assumption. Even our name (X-Alt) gives away what we're all about.

So, we had booked, some time ago, an engagement at a local, shall we say, "shoppin' place". The management of said shoppin' place has since changed hands. Last week, the new person in charge of bookings at the shoppin' place calls Ford Prefect (our bass player and booking guy) to confirm the gig. The conversation went something like this:

Shoppin Place Manager: Y'all are still coming to play, right?
Ford: Well, we have to get around a few conflicts, so I'll call you back about that.
SPM: One more thing: y'all are a gospel band, right?
FP: Yep.
SPM: Could y'all, like lay off the religious stuff and play more generic 'holiday' music?
[silence]
SPM: Well?
FP: I tell you what, let me get back with you...

It would seem our list of non-mission related venues grows thin.

Comments:
Ford Prefect - I love it! Can I now retire all the other names you've called me over the past 24 years?
 
Of course! Everyone here has to have a HHGTTG name.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]