Saturday, December 09, 2006

About the Names

So, John H is having trouble getting my name out of his head. Allow me to make a suggestion:

What you do is try to think of the name with a British accent - it's not nearly as funny or catchy that way. If you say the 'ar's like the vowels in 'ought', you just might get it out of your head.

Or maybe a Boston accent...

But with a southern or midwest accent, pronouncing the 'ar's like 'R', it's hopeless.

BTW, the name of the blog is the only thing here that has nothing to do with Adams. 'Shoot The Moose' was a suggestion for an album title I threw out in a drunken band brainstorming session in the 80's.

It's a shame too - the album cover would have been so cool. I was planning on getting some mousse (the hair stuff, not the dessert; this was the 80's after all), and, well, shooting it. A shotgun would have made a wonderful, moussey mess. Very Spinal Tap like.

Alas. The band, for some strange reason, decided to pass, so I claimed the name for myself.

Other discarded titles from that night:

Shut up and Eat Your Taters
Men Without Foreskin

I can't remember the rest, because it WAS a drunken brainstorming session, after all.

Comments:
My husband likes to pronounce it like a pirate would. Slarrr-tee-barrrt-fast!
 
In my head I pronounce it like "Slart-eee-bartfast". bartfast is like breakfast except with bart in the front.
 
oh GREAT..now I have a PIRATE voice in my head...thanks a ton, Malia.

I was enjoying the upper-class English accent working its way thru Slartibartfast..but now..

arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh
 
I just call you ST Bart in my mind when I read you.
It's easier for my brain although after typing it I realized that it could be misinterpreted as Sexually Transmitted Bart.
Of course, newscoma obviously doesn't make a bit of sense either, but I digress.
 
If you were a disease, would you rather be diagnosed with news coma, or sexually transmitted Bart..that's a tough one...

Nice to meet you and your wife tonight..I love seeing the folks in person that I enjoy reading.
 
Now see, I'm like Ivy, every time I see it, I think breakfast. OK, now I'm hungry again.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]