Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Many Thanks

So, the boss sent me home early, and I'm here preparing the brine for the turkey. My daughter is psyched about helping me cook. It now officially feels like Thanksgiving. I feel compelled to outwardly express my gratitude to God for the many blessings in my life.

I am most thankful that Jesus Christ stepped out of Timeless Eternity and suffered what should have been my fate. He spun a web, so the Father could see, that said "Some Man", saving my eternal life - and it took His earthly life.

I am thankful for my parents, who sacrified much to raise my brothers and me, and provided the perfect model of lifelong Love.

I am thankful for my brothers, who share an unspoken bond with me; yet our differences, despite our shared DNA, must give delight to my parents.

I have the deepest gratitude for Lintilla, who has shared my life these past 19 1/2 years. She gives so much to the community, and still is able to be the kind of wife every man dreams of. God, as usual, knew what He was doing: our seperate peculiar quirks made each of us incompatible with anyone, but each other.

I am thankful to the core for Zaphod and Trillian. I have learned more from them than they will ever learn from me. They fill our home with laughter, and joy. There is sadness and concern as well, but the laughter and joy overwhelm everything else.

I am thankful for, and to, Zaphod and Trillian's birth mother. I hope I am doing a good enough job to make you proud.

I am SO thankful that I am allowed to be part of the incredible things God is doing through X-Alt Rhythm and Praise. Y'all are my best friends in all the world, and we have the special bond that comes from being present when God visibly displays His majesty. We've been through the Wars together; we've seen some incredible stuff this year. You guys rock!

I am very thankful for the Nashville blogging community for taking me in, or at least putting up with me. As they say, "Fools rush in", and I'm the biggest Fool of all. I'm thankful Brittney at Nashville is Talking didn't tell this very peculiar conservative to just go away - but she's "Stand Up", and I have utmost respect for her. I am especially thankful for, and to, Katherine Coble, who has, for lack of a better phrase, taken me under her wing. It is tough and scary being the new guy, and having someone who is already "in" watch your back and show you the ropes is invaluable. I will NOT forget.

I am thankful to Belle Meade United Methodist Church, forever. While not yet a member, I lost everything in a house fire. You took me in, clothed me, made sure my family was fed, even collected toys for my kids. Yes, you have hurt me bad this past year, but God turns all things to good, and nothing can break the gratitude I have for your graciousness in my time of need.

I am thankful for my employer. They have given me every opportunity to succeed and hopefully, I have risen to the challenge.

I am thankful that circumstances have allowed this son of a working man to live in a neighborhood I never would have dreamed I belonged.

I am thankful for a full cupboard, a big yard, and all my "stuff".

I am thankful for my life. Thank you, God.

Comments:
Glad to have you here in the blogosphere. I've enjoyed you immensely, Slartibartfast.
Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Ditto what one of my favorite bloggers in the world said above. Glad you showed up!

Also, it's cool to have another U. Betty fan around who writes so well about each episode.

Hope your Thanksgiving is rich with laughter.
 
Well, gosh.

I didn't mean to "take you under my wing" as much as I just really enjoy reading your stuff. ;-p

I'm thankful for YOU!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]