Thursday, November 09, 2006

I'll Take a Half-Pint

I have come to the conclusion that there is no earthly way to explain why one person is attracted to another. I touched on this long ago, in a previous incarnation of this blog. Some things are just meant to be a mystery.

How do you explain this ? Or this? There's just some things God meant to never be understood in this life.

So, I had to ask myself, do I have a celeb-crush that defies logic? Well, yeah. As long as I can remember, I've had a "thing" for Melissa Gilbert. Half Pint? The woman who beat out Rhoda for president of SAG? Lifetime movie queen? Yep.

Some of it is demographics. She and I are both 42, (she was born 2 months before me), we've "grown up" together. You know how when you look in the mirror, you never see yourself as the age you really are? Well, anytime I've needed a reality check, I check out Melissa. I must still look pretty good:



A little older, a few lbs heavier, maybe, but genuine, classy, dignified. I can't explain it, but I think she's absolutely beautiful. Not stretched, botoxed, nipped, tucked or plastic. And the way she carries herself is so un-Hollywood! (Kinda strange, for the president of the Screen Actors Guild, when you think about it). She married an older man (a Republican for cryin' out loud!), and stuck to it. In a sick perverted way, I find that sexy, too.

Oh, and there's this from her profile:

My favorite junk foods are, Krispy Kreme doughnuts and spicy, fried pork- rinds.


How could I not be smitten?

Comments:
Whatever you do, do NOT watch the episode of Nip/Tuck she starred in a couple of months ago.
 
That show is SOOO creepy. I'm glad a haven't seen it (the episode with Gilbert).
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]