Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Emmitt! Emmitt!

Last night, after a bad day, I turned on the television and saw an amazing sight. I saw an aging ex-football player achieve a state of grace.

Yes, I watch Dancing With The Stars. Can a man be a fan of the NFL, Nascar, AND DWTS? I wouldn't have it any other way.

Mario Lopez can dance. He has always been the best pure dancer on the show (I'm sure he's had extensive training). It's almost not fair to NOT give him the top prize.

But to see the former Cowboy getting his old-school groove on, doing a better M. C. Hammer than Hammer does, and just plain having FUN, well, I smiled and laughed despite myself. The joy just bubbled up.

It's funny that so few of these kind of moments come from modern television, it's even funnier that one would come from THIS show.

Vote for Emmitt!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]